Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Diverland!

The other day in the car while driving back from the beach with the girl I babysit for, (her name's Mapi) she asked me a series of questions in a very "questiony" tone:

Mapi: Christina, have you ever been to the water slides?
Me: Uhm, yes, in California I have.
Mapi: ......... (a few seconds of pause) And have you ever been to the ones HERE??
Me: No hun, why? Have you?
Mapi: (with disappointment in her voice) Nooo, me neither.
Me: But would you like to go!?
Mapi: ......... (a few seconds of pause and shy voice) Uhm, em, yes!
Me: Well then! Ask your mom for permission and we'll go tomorrow!
Mapi: REALLY!!!!??? (in an astonished voice with disbelief)
Me: Yes Really!
Mapi: You would actually take me?? Aaand go on the slides with me??!! (still incredulous)
ME: Sure why not!???
Mapi: Oh my gosh! I can't believe it!

Later on that evening I received a text message from her telling me that she had gotten permission to go.... So Diverland it was!!!


Mapi at the entrance styling with her Ray-bans!
It was reported to me that last night she hardly slept and was up at 7a.m. even if our appointment was at 9:15!!! What a sweet girl she is!

At about 1p.m they shut down the slides for a pause so I went back to the locker and got the camera to snap a few Kodak moments!
She had to get a picture of me!

Showing me her excellent floating skills and hand stand!

We had a great time! and when we returned home, she was treated to go and see Shrek 4! I really think you can't beat her day!!!!

2 comments:

Marci said...

How fun that you were able to make her water slide dreams come true :-)!

RhinoSD said...

Do you remember the first time I took you to the water park. . . The one out by Palm Springs? That was a fun day. Hot, but fun.