Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Massage Cupping

I am SO IN LOVE with this type of massage! In just 2 sessions, I've already seen results! Combined with a healthy diet and running 2 days a week for 30min, it really kicks butt!

Massage Cupping is known for its ability to break up localized stagnation. Cupping is reputed to:

• Drain excess fluids and toxins
• Loosen adhesions
• Lift connective tissue
• Enhance circulation in stagnant musculature and fascia
• Stimulate he peripheral nervous system

The suction created by cupping draws stagnant toxins, heat, energy or fluid out of where it has accumulated deep within the tissues, and brings it to the body’s surface. Once close to the skin off accumulated toxins can more easily be eliminated via the body’s lymph system.

The skin will redden with strong massage cupping, indicating that circulation has been brought to the surface. Application of liniments, analgesics, plant hydrosols or essential oils immediately following a cupping treatment will aid absorption deep into the tissue. The increased local blood supply will nourish the muscles and skin and allow toxins to be carried away.

AND GET THIS LADIES!!!

Massage cupping is also effective in treating cellulite. A light suction provides drainage, while heavier application can be used to stimulate circulation and loosen adhesions or "dimpling."

I swear, it works! FIND YOUR LOCAL CUPPING THERAPIST TODAY!


2 comments:

Marci said...

I remember Gywneth Paltrow showing up to some awards thing a long time ago with cupping marks on her back and it starting all kinds of talk. I'm intrigued :-)!

Christina said...

I'm doing it on my thighs and legs since I've been out of shape lately and have had some retention and swelling in those areas.... I couldn't believe the results after the first session, let alone the second! Cupping therapy forever!!! And on me it didn't even leave significant marks or bruising!