Monday, April 18, 2011

Adding on....

So we've started work on the small addition we've bought next to our apartment. We're adding an extra guest room/study/eventual kids room. (hahaha)

But first, I thought I'd share some pix of Stinky. He loves hiding in bags and boxes! I thought these were cute!
I wonder if he thinks that I can't see him????
Back to the construction..... Soooo, the big hole in the ceiling is for a BIG VELUX roof window which should allow us to see out onto the gulf, so that should be a spectacular view!

The tiny door on the right is an entry to a storage space (it'll be great as a secret hide-out for kids) and to the right of that is a tiny window for air and light.
I don't know if you can see the marks on the wall, but there's a door drawn on it! That's where they'll be connecting our apartment to this room!
This door will be removed and walled in, so that we'll have a nice clean wall to put the desk, or a couch with pull out bed at.
(door open)
(door closed so you can get a feel of the length of the wall)
The open door is the front door to our house, while the door on the left is the door to the space we are adding. Again, that door will be removed and a wall will result.
This is what is on the other side of that wall where the door is going to be, corresponding to about where the chair and bottle holder is, so it will connect right into our dining room!

As soon as work makes any more progress I'll add more pictures!
Fun uh?

(NOT.)

1 comment:

Marci said...

I was hoping this was a pregnancy announcement...but I guess that should come after the room addition, right :-)?!