Monday, March 16, 2009

Mexican Dinner and Lap Top problems!

This Saturday we had a fun Mexican dinner at our house! Since it's not that easy to get real mexican food here, I put my SO-CAL talents to work like: tasty guacamole (thank's PapĂ  for teaching me the Jones' secret recepie!) My yummy chicken fajitas, and delicious enchiladas!! My friend Nikki made chili and a patato quiche mmm-mmm good! There was also a chocolate pear cake made by Francesca, but I forgot to take a picture of it!!!!










I also had computer problems! On the side I work as a translator and reviser for translated texts. Lately I've been working on revising documentaries for RAI-SAT (a satellite channel from the national TV station) It's a big job and while I was working on one of the texts, the lap top just died on me! It had been turning off by itself lately, and we knew it was time to start looking for a new lap top, but you know how those things go, you put it off until your really screwed! So we went out on Sunday to buy a new one, which we did (spent a whole lot of money out of program).
When we got home, Enrico decided he wanted to take the old lap top apart (as a good engineer would) to see what burned out.... and to our surprise we found LINT and CAT HAIR in the vent and in the processor...... So Enrico cleaned it out, put it back together and guess what?

IT STARTED TO WORK AGAIN JUST FINE!


Can you imagine how angry I am right now to have bought a new lap top and didn't have too?

GRRRRR!




4 comments:

Heather said...

all that Mexican food looks so yummy! I bet you don't eat that all of the time!:0)

Christina said...

I soo wanna open an "Alberto's"

I miss taquitos! Those are a hassel to make 'cause ya gotta fry'em!

marta said...

ke buonooooooooooooooooooo ufff

Marci said...

You just made me really hungry! That is crazy about your laptop too...can you return the new one?