Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sushi Anyone??

We've tried some of the restraunts here that say they serve sushi. But it's nothing close to the real thing! So yesterday afternoon I was at the supermarket and I saw the most marvelous, fresh red tuna in the seafood section. My mouth started watering for maki sushi and wasabi. So I said what the heck! I'll make my own! I bought the tuna, wasabi, nori seaweed and ran home to prepare the rice (it takes over an hour to prepare proper sushi rice click HERE to see why!)

Take a look! It turned out perferct! I was so proud of myself for making makisushi, nigiri sushi and cutting proper sashimi!!!

Set table

Nigiri

Sashimi

Makisushi!

Table again!


2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

yum! that looks delicious, i can't believe you made that your self!

Mark and Meghan said...

wow, i'm impressed. love sushi!