Sunday, February 28, 2010

Mardi Gras-Circus Birthday Party!

Our friend Giulia's birthday was on the 23rd and she decided that she wanted to throw a "theme party"! Since it was mardi gras time, she decided to have a CIRCUS party! At first I didn't know what to wear, then I fortunately found a place where they rented costumes and managed to dress up as a Majorette! Enrico had ordered a ring master costume from e-bay, but it hasn't arrived yet, so he and a friend had to improvise and were quite creative in making posters so that they could be poster boys! We had a fun time and everyone had great costumes!!!!



The Whole Clan!

Trapeze Artists
Pregnant Trapeze Artist!
Strong Man






Fancy Dancers!

Dog trainers! And they really brought their dog, Regal!


Majorette Me!



Poster Boys!
Another group Pix
Ring Master, birthday girl and Circus Lady "Moira Orfei"
Moira Orfei (born Miranda Orfei) is an Italian pop-culture icon. A member of the most famous circus family in Italy, she can compete in fame with any Italian music or movie legend. She is undoubtedly the only circus owner in the world who could get away (for forty years, no less!) with advertising her circus using posters that prominently displayed only her head shot and her first name. Much of her reputation is due to her long movie career, which coincided with the golden age of Italian cinema. But it is also due to the quality of her circus.

2 comments:

Summer said...

What an awesome party! You guys went all out-how much fun!

Sue said...

Hi Christina! What an amazing party! It looks like you guys had a blast. Well, I'm planning to surprise my boyfriend on his special day. I’m planning to host a circus costume party as well. I've already phoned our friends and our nearby catering services and tent rental Bay Area for their party services. Well, I'm praying that everything works according to plan. My only problem is my costume. Hmmmm. I'm torn between the circus lady and a lady juggler. I still need to research more about that. Well, thanks again for sharing your pictures Christina.