Friday, June 11, 2010

Bali 2010 Part ONE

Even after 4 times of going to Bali, I just can't stop loving this Island, its people, the traditions, the food and the hospitality it offers you.

I've decided to call it my special Island.

Our fight was Rome- Doha - Singapore - Bali.
At our second stop in Singapore, the airport was AMAZING. There was a butterfly garden and a Koi Pond...




When we got to Bali, we went to some pretty nice places... places I had and hadn't been to before
like this place:
The infinity pool was AWESOME!
It was just an amazing day!





I had to take my Mom and our friend Marta to see Uluatu temple where all the monkeys are! Then, at sunset, there is a traditional dance performance called Kecak. (che-chack)



I thought this was hilarious!
and this too!
Right after I took this picture, a monkey jumped on my Mom and tried to snatch her earrings! It was funny because I kept on warning her that monkeys like shiny things, but she didn't seem too worried about it until it happened!!
Of all the dances in Bali today, the Kecak dance is perhaps the most dramatic. Taken from the Hindu epic Ramayana, the dance tells the story of Prince Rama and his rescue of Princess Sita, who has been kidnapped by the evil King of Lanka. Unlike other dances, there is no gamelan orchestra accompanying it. Instead, a troupe of bare-chested men serve as the chorus, making synchronized "chak-achak-achak" clicking sounds while swaying their bodies and waving their hands.

We went to Pura Luhur (pura means temple) in Uluatu to see it:














5 comments:

Marci said...

That water is SO blue! You got such amazing pictures!!! I'm just sad now though...I want to be in Bali :-)!

The blogging Bakers said...

Wow!!! Those pictures are amazing. I would love to go there someday!!! It's ok to dream right???? :) Looks like you had a great time.

diane said...

What a magical place. It looks like a lovely trip.

Summer said...

That looks amazing! Thanks a lot--now a few more places to add to the wish list!

Cheryl Joy said...

It's like a dream! I love the pictures of the dances. And the photo of you is beautiful!