Wednesday, December 16, 2009

School's out!

My absolute beginners class is over! Boo-hoo! :-(

I really got to love these students. I'm so glad I was able to teach them English and the love for the language. It's so rewarding to hear them say simple things in English like "Oh I love pizza" while we were sitting at the pizza parlor for dinner last night! The age group was so vast, I was worried that I wouldn't have been able to get through to them all. The youngest student was my age, and the eldest about 65! It was an all "girls" class except for our male mascot, Stefano! Needless to say, they all learned something and no one got less than 75% on their final test! We had two 100% marks of which I was really impressed and thankful for!

My class!
Stefano our mascot!

The two 100%-ers!
(with yummy lemon sorbet in their hands)




2 comments:

Marci said...

It's so neat that you teach these classes! I need you to come and teach me some Italian :-)!

Marci said...

Thanks for your sweet comment today Christina! You definitely made my morning :-).
And Ella's class didn't get your postcard...I'm so sad. Maybe it will come eventually. I'll let you know. Did you get our Christmas card?