Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Music




OK, enough of the Barbie stuff! Haha! Yesterday night my boyfriend and I went to see NOFX in concert. A mile stone for me! I remember the first time I saw them at SOMA in San Diego. I must have been 15 years old! Back then they were an emerging band, but now they're like the n°3 punk-rock group. I know I know, some of you are wondering "what? punk rock?" but yes, the group means something to me (even if I don't see eye to eye with some of the lyrics). It was funny to see all the people in the middle moshing, I had not seen a mosh pit in 15 years! But any how, it was fun and tht's the important thing.
Next concert is a piano concert TOTALLY different! the composer's name is Giovanni Allevi, go check his music out because it is sooo inspiring and beautiful. My favorite composition is " come sei veramente" (the way you really are) here is his myspace url
http://www.myspace.com/giovanniallevi

Another great Italian composer is Ludovico Enaudi and my favorite is "I Giorni" (the days)
http://www.myspace.com/ludovicoeinaudi

Music has always been a part of my life. And I often stop and wonder if .... had I stayed in the US would my musical career have grown? I have been gifted with a strong voice, and love to use it to sing. While I was in Jr. High and first year of High School I was awarded in my bel-chant ensemble class and was chosen for the San Diego county Honor Choir. A great honor. My choir class loved to put on musicals and I always nailed an import lead! I was so sad the year I decided to leave for Italy, we had been preparing "Little Abner" and was not able to finish the rehearsals nor was I able to put on the show. My teacher (Mr. Salter) always told me that I had a "Disney musical voice, loud and clear"..... I would have loved to have pursued a musical career, but sometimes family comes first. I am very happy to be in Italy, and am very happy and blessed to have met my boyfriend Enrico and his wonderful family. I can still sing under the shower!! ;) Enrico likes to hear me sing and always joins in on Christmas carols! Our personal favorite: "Rudolph the red-nose reindeer"
My friends with small children always appreciate when I get their kids to fall asleep, and my favorite song to whisper to them is "Give said the little stream" you can sing it over and over again and babies love to fall asleep to it!

I guess that's a big enough talent and accomplishment in life... to put kids to sleep, and I'm just fine with that!

XOXO

1 comment:

Pyatt said...

Christina--how fun to see your blog!! I love that picture of you and Marci and I remember babysitting both of you!!! How crazy that you are both so grown up now!! Life in Italy sounds fabulous!! My husband and I need to get over there. How is your mom? Tell her I said hi!! Your dad and Nancy came to my house during the fires last fall and your grandma is in my ward...how crazy is that!? Anyway--next time you are in San Diego --come and see us!! Take care!