Sunday, November 9, 2008

Grape Harvest, Beach Walk & Early X-Mas Shopping!

So it's wine season here in Italy at the moment and may towns have a Harvest Festival to go to! On Saturday afternoon we went to a town called Milis. It's ia a municipality in the province of Oristano about 100 km northwest of Cagliari. There is lot's to eat and do! And the tiny town is just so cute to walk around. We're pretty much regulars to this festival and try to go every year!

The Church bell tower in the main square

Boyl Palace (1300's)
Spanish-Aragonese Royal Family

A tpical small home made from stones

The stone sidewalk


Entrace to a lemon grove

Church of St. Paul the Apostel
(circa 1140-59 Roman Church)

Enrico & Alessandro drinking from a natural spring

My friend Julia & I

Alessandro and one of the cooks

BIG pan of cream of
porcini mushrooms fregola
Some of the waiters and cooks

The "Restaurant".
Pick a place and sit,
even next to people you don't know!
Antipasti: all pork - cured bacon,
prosciutto, cheese and cured sirloin
Lamb stewed with olives and artichokes

Main dish: chick peas and wild boar,
bacon and sausage.


On Sunday we went to my mom's house (that just happens to be at the beach) and since it was such a beutiful day decided to take a walk on the beach with our dog. It felt like Summer!!!


Spanish Tower
another view

My Mom & I

The Beautiful Mediterranean Sea

My Mom & Enrico
(with the local paper, it reads:
"help me wife, I've been shot".)

Penny


A Cute flower

Penny dead tired from the walk

And my before x-mas shopping! Aren't they cute!!!!

4 comments:

Kayley said...

It looks SO beautiful there- you're so lucky!

Marci said...

I really can't believe that you guys live there and just get to see all these amazing things anytime you want :-)!!!

Kelley said...

Christina, I hope you realize your life is like a fairy tale! I love seeing your cute mom. She hasn't change a bit. I love her!

Whitney said...

i LOVE THAT DUFFY song on your blog! i think i might have to download it. you have such a fun life! i love seeing all the places you visit. i might have to come someday......