Monday, November 24, 2008

Surprise! I am officially 30!

I was surprised by my Mom yesterday for dinner... all this past week she was acting stange and mysterious. I knew something was up, but really didn't think about the fact that my Birthday was on Monday. She had already told me to come over for dinner to her house on Sunday night, so nothing strange there... but the strange things were her mysterious ways and SMELLS! Yes smells! On Saturday she came over to our house smelling like an onion! You all have to know that I tease my mom about "not knowing how to cook", so the fact that she smelt like onions to me was funny, and strange at the same time. She acted as if nothing was wrong and would keep changing the subject... I KNEW SOMETHING WAS UP! -But what???- To my surprise last night I walked into my mom's house and a beautiful table was set... all my cousins jumped out and yelled "SURPRISE"!!! Ok so there I got a little emotional and cried a bit! ;) But the biggest surprise of them all was that my Ma actually cooked a full on Thanksgiving dinner for me: Turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, cranberry sauce, corn on the cob, coldslaw, and PUMPKIN PIE! My favorite pie that doesn't exist here in Italy!!! I was/am IMPRESSED!!!! (that's where the onion smell came from! all her cooking)

Here are a few not so good pictures taken with my old camera, yes I say old beacause Enrico bought me a new camera! I wasn't able to use it because he ordered it and it came with the wrong lens, so he had to send it back in order to get the right lens! But this is how he gave it to me:

It says:
Unfortunatly you still have to wait, but it's worth it!!!
Happy Birthday To You!
A Fantastic Canon EOS1000d (Rebel XS) Just like this one is on its way!
PS: Like a good Engineer, I picked out the camera that won
the EISA award for best reflex 2008!
(Isn't that so cute!!!)


The beautifully set table

"Da Bird"

Turkey carving!

Valeria and Cristiano

Julia, Ludovica and Sofia



7 comments:

Marci said...

Happy Birthday Christina!!! And what a great gift the camera is...I can't wait to see some of the pictures you take with it!

Annemarie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

Kayley said...

How fun! Happy Birthday!!

Kelley said...

How Fun. Your mom is so precious. I LOVE her cooking. That is so funny that you were on to her because of her "cooking scents". Happy Birthday Christina Bambina Girl!

Heather said...

You are so lucky! A camera is on my list to Santa this year!

happy birthday and I love that your cute mom cooked for you! I love her!

Christina said...

Thanks eveyone!!!

RhinoSD said...

Mmmm. It makes me hungry for Thanksgiving dinner. . . except for the Pumpkin Pie (yuck).

How does it feel to start your 31st year?