Friday, August 1, 2008

Furniture Update

Ok, So it's been a while since I've taken pictures of our new additions to the house. Taking into consideration that we've been living here since October 2007, I think we're doing pretty good at throwing out the old and bringing in the new!


Our Living & Family Room - Sofa B&B Italia, Tufty Time

Two beautiful paintings that were given to us by Enrico's Sisters for Xmas 2007 and the beautiful bookshelf Enrico bought. It's actually made from an old Indonesian door frame, I took some close-ups so you can see the details. Next to the book shelf, a coat hanger that comes from Enrico's Grandmother's old store. I love that hanger and will put it as furniture in the middle of the room if I have to, to be able to keep it!


Detail 1

Detail 2

Enrico likes all this modern stuff that I just don't care for. I mean it's just a plastic lamp in the end.... Dunno as long as he likes it!

The brand is Kartel and its name is "Bourgie", I thought they only made lab materials and supplies!!


Early 1900's Desk (again note the red plastic lamp it's name is "Miss K" and the brand is Flos, before Enrico I never knew there were so many names and brands for lamps!!!)

New teak chair, we just got this one on Saturday!

Cute Cabinet!

Rug Detail - This rug was given to us by my Mother. It was given to her by a friend and it is an antique, early 1900's. I'm glad we had just the place to put it! In the dining area!


The dining area
Our three pepper paintings we brought home this year from our 3rd trip to Bali, Indonesia.

My favorite Balinese Mask!
We just recently changed the white wall to red and painted the red bricks white! GO FIGURE!

Details on the beautiful pillows Enico's mom brought us from Uzbekistan!



One of my personal favorites: our cat's painting!





4 comments:

Marci said...

I LOVE your home! So cute. I especially love the bookshelf made from a doorframe and the mask! (and I agree with you about the modern stuff :-)

Annemarie said...

You have incredible taste, girl! It looks wonderful!

Pyatt said...

Love the digs!! How fun...where is the guest bed?? Hey we had dinner with your dad and Nancy on Saturday night in Ocean Beach. It was fun to see them and get caught up.

Heather said...

cute place girly! isn't it so fun to find cute pieces yo put around the house to make it your own! Very cute!