Friday, August 1, 2008

Home Made Pesto Night



In one of my older posts maybe you'll remember that on my balcony I have a BIG basil plant growing. It was going to waste just using it in tomato and mozzarella salads, pasta sauce and to season whatever.... So I decided to make pesto last night! I took a few pictures of me & my pesto & the hand made pasta I bought called Cassulli. This type of pasta is a speciality that comes from a smaller Island off of Sardinia named Carloforte. The history of this Island is interesting so if you have a minute, click on the link for a brief explanation.
Anyhow, right after I took the pictures my camera died on me and I didn't have any extra charged batteries.... teaches me a lesson! ;) So I couldn't take a picture of the cooked pasta and pesto. I accompanied the pasta with a smoked salmon bits rocket leave salad and tomato.



We ate outside on our balcony, it was a nice cool summer evening



1 comment:

Annemarie said...

Check you out with your homemade pesto!! That's one I haven't been brave enough to try making...yet.