Monday, September 22, 2008

UNUSUAL Things....

So here are a few UNUSUAL things:

1. We eat fish whole here in Italy. Even in the best 5 star Restaurant, they will serve you fish with their head and tail on. These fish are one of my favorites out of most; they are gilthead sea bream. I've learned to love and savour all these unusual things that normally in US you just wouldn't have.

2. And when I mean we eat fish whole take a look at these small fish:



Well, their nick name in Italian is "Eat me Whole" (Mangiami tutto!) - so what you do is dip them in wheat bran and deep fry them and eat them all together! You pop'm in your mouth as they were potato chips!

3. I never thought I would but... I dig snails. Yes Ladies and Gents, Escargot!!!
My mother in-law makes darn good escargot and this is just one of the ways I eat them! You can even make pasta sauce with them! Every year we go to a small town named Gesico (jesiko - popultation 954) where in October they have an annual snail feast in honor of the St. Amatore country church. Can't wait to go this October!


4. Enrico Ironing! HAHAHAHAH! Since it is just UNUSUAL for anyone to Iron aroud the house I had to capture this picture perfect moment!! Kudos to you Enrico for doing the dirty work! :)


4 comments:

Kayley said...

Christina those fish look so gross! I ate snail for the first time on our honeymoon and didn't think it was that bad either... it's just thinking about what you're eating that makes it so weird!

Heather said...

How unusual!:0)
I think I prefer just good old potato chips! You look so happy eating away at the snails! More power to you!:)

Marci said...

I don't know if I could handle the fish and snails :-)! Does Enrico want to come do our ironing next?!

Kelley said...

I would definitely need time to take a liking to "whole fish". You sure look beautiful snails!