Saturday, September 6, 2008

"Interior Decorator"

I love it when you start a theme for decorating parts of the house, and things just start coming together!!! I chose Roosters & Chickens for my kitchen and am just loving it! I actually got stuck on this theme thanks to my Step-Mom Nancy who has a "thang" for Roosters & Chickens as well.
In Sardinia, roosters are very popular and are a part of traditional decoration on just about every thing; ceramics, rugs, paintings, carved furniture and pastries - you can find a typical rooster for every Sardinian town.

I had roosters hand painted on my kitchen tile


And I got this FANTASTIC chalk board yesterday! How cool is that!!! The little baggie thingy on the left hand side is the eraser! How cute is it!!!! (I still need to find chalk, if I had kids I would of had some for sure!)
This is a hot pad from Portugal, and there too, Roosters are a symbol of their heritage

My sister-in law brought me this nifty oven mitten/hot pad from Ireland
This is how you use it, it's great for taking casserols out of the oven!

My carved sardinian ceramic plates.

I know that this has nothing to do with roosters but, I got these cute frames as well yesterday, now all I need to do is find a few cute pictures and put them in there!

7 comments:

Marci said...

Your house and kitchen are SO cute! I LOVE the painted tiles in the kitchen!

whitney said...

i mUST have that big oven mit! it is perfect. and i love those frames. i love anything with white, distressed wood! you have such a beautiful home.

Christina said...

Thank you Whitney & Marci for the nice comments!

Kristina said...

I'm diggin' the roosters. Very cute place you have. I saw your comment on my blog - mexico was so fun. We've been out of business school for a while - it was more of a reunion with some old friends from that time. Anyway, it pales in comparison to all the gorgeous places you go (practically every week it seems!)! :) Take care!

Heather said...

Soo cute - isn't it so much fun to decorate your own place and really make it your own?

Kelley said...

I love your house! I'm a rooster lover too. That hot pad thing from Ireland is so cool. I've never seen anything like it. I really LOVE that rooster chalk board. That's my fav.

Kelley said...

I just clicked on your "house" link. I can't believe I missed that post! I LOVE that red wall with the white bricks. You guys do good work. LOVE IT!